Saturday, September 3, 2016

Pic Today 9/3/16






BEAUTIFUL DAY
ON ART HILL

At the top of Art Hill
in Forest Park,
it is fitting that great art
is housed in the famous
St. Louis Art Museum.

The grounds, lagoons, lakes
and century old fountains below
are remnants of the
1904 World's Fair.

But the treasures and arts
are worth a trip up the hill
to the original museum,
and newly added east wing
which houses contemporary works.

One of my favorite installations
is the stainless steel tree outside,
just west of the museum.
 

3 comments:

  1. Gracias por el paseo, ese museo es una visita que hay que hacer con frecuencia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a lot Google Maps to search for locations and learn about places I don't know (or just to remember some place I went before).
    Your photos impressed me... so I went searching for Forest Park. It's a fantastic place, big and beautiful!
    But Rick... do you really like the stainless steel tree?
    It's so cold... and lifeless!!...

    Warm kisses
    (^^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful places. As for the stainless steel tree... well...
    : )

    ReplyDelete