Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pic Today 1/1/12








TURN CHAMPAGNE CORKS
INTO FRENCH CAFE CHAIRS

Here's a fun use for those popped
champagne corks from last night.

Detach the wire wrapping and cap
from the champagne cork.
Just 6 turns of the wire will lift it off.
(Trivia: It always take 6 turns,
no more, no less, to open any sparkling wine
or champagne bottle. No matter the winery or country.)

Just follow the pictures above.
You'll need a wire snips and pliers,
and you can make your own French cafe chair.
(The Chandon chair is my handiwork!)
Voila.

DESIGN WITHIN REACH stores ran a contest
recently, calling for entries of miniature chairs.
Materials: two champagne corks, foil, wire, cap.
No glue, no solder, nothing else.
They received thousands of entries, worldwide.
An exhibit toured their stores across the nation.
(Bottom photo shows 5 entries.)

Bubbly fun!




9 comments:

  1. This is really nice. And a perfect creative post for our New Year. Hope your New Year was fun?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy newyear XXX. Very nice post for this item.

    Elektra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!

    These are the neatest things. Now I have to open more bottles to make chairs. Hehehehe! What an excuse.

    Hah! Actually, I drank non-alcoholic champagne yesterday, otherwise, I would have fallen asleep in a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy year 2012. And Bon Appetit for Champagne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post makes me long for my dollhouse
    which I had when I was a child (built by my father)
    it would have been lovely to decorate with these furniture

    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Rick......✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫ ✫
    ◕▄███▄◕──◕▄██▄◕──◕▄███◕──◕▄███▄◕
    ◕▀──██◕─◕██──██◕───◕██◕──◕▀──██◕
    ◕──██◕──◕██──██◕───◕██◕──◕──██◕
    ◕─██◕───◕██──██◕───◕██◕──◕─██◕
    ◕█████◕──◕▀██▀◕───◕▄██▄◕─◕█████◕
    ✿♥❀♥❁•*¨✿❀❁•*¨`*•.✿❀❁•*¨`*•.`✿♥❀♥❁♥❀♥❁.
    and that all your dreams come true!

    a big hug,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea! I'll try to do one...xx

    ReplyDelete