ASHES TO ASHES
When you pass someone today
with a smudge of ashes
on their forehead
Chances are
they're observing
a Christian holy day,
Ash Wednesday.
Happy Ash Wednesday.
Today is the first day of Lent
(always 40 days till Easter) . . .
A time of "self-denial, moderation, fasting and
forsaking of sinful activities and habits."
Good luck.
"Ashes to ashes, funk to funk
We know Major Tom's a junkie.
Strung out in heaven's high
Hitting an all-time low."
(David Bowie)
Preciosos ojos Rick.
ReplyDeleteFeliz miércoles de ceniza.
Un abrazo
I love the photo... and the story behind... that I was completely unaware of...
ReplyDeleteHappy Ash Wednesday!
Kisses!
Ana
Wonderful picture, beautiful model :)))
ReplyDeleteAnd Bowie is great.
Hugs.
I wondered why the ashes on the forehead.
ReplyDeleteI have not heard before Ash Wednesday.
Thanks for the information.
Beautiful picture!
Happy Ash Wednesday!
Preciosos ojos Rick y buen encuadre.
ReplyDeleteUn abrazo
My daughter has given up social media for Lent. It will be an interesting 40 days.
ReplyDelete