




SWEET DRINK
FROM THE GARDEN
Watermelon!
A favorite way to quench our thirst
during this record-setting drought.
After all, watermelons are 96% water,
sweet without the calories,
and loaded with vitamins A & C.
New hybrids have eliminated
most of the seeds, so just slice some up
and enjoy this flavorful, beautiful melon.
(A great addition to summertime salads.)
yummy! Happy weekend!
ReplyDelete✿彡✿⊱╮¸.•°
ReplyDeleteFotos deliciosas!
Bom fim de semana!
Beijinhos.
Brasil
✿彡
I bet that slice (3rd picture) was very sweet, wasn't it?!
ReplyDeleteYou know your watermelons.
DeleteThat tell-tale "split" in the center of the melon is a sure sign of sweetness.
And yes it was VERY sweet.
Wow. Excellent photography. Can I take a piece?
ReplyDeleteKisses.
All of a sudden I am thirsty! We love watermelons. The other day we went to a store and they had a watermelon slicer - basically a knife with a watermelon motif sheath. Hope you are persevering in the drought. They declared our 7 year drought over. So many heritage trees died :(
ReplyDeletebest to heal the scorching sun !
ReplyDelete:)
Hum,good an d color !!!
ReplyDelete