TWO PAINTINGS
15 minutes until the museum closed . . .
enough time to say hello to 2 of my favorites
at the St. Louis Art Musuem:
1) Matisse, Bathers With A Turtle (1907)
A trio of naked, melancholic women gather
around a turtle on a beach. The central
woman, with a mask-like face,
anxiously chews her fingers.
2) Oskar Kokoschka, Painter and His Model (1923)
Self portrait of the artist at work.
I love how he paints his model, smiling,
obviously pleased, with an OK added for approval.
So much emotion in these two
expressionistic oil paintings.


Dos magnificas obras Rick!
ReplyDeleteLove the museum!
ReplyDeleteMe gustan mucho los dos... A Oskar Kokoschka, no lo conocía.
ReplyDeleteMuchos besos
Interesting paintings I particularly like the top one. Have a good evening Diane
ReplyDeleteAmigo Forestal,Tu trabajo és de un artista,lo mio solo son tonterias
ReplyDeleteSaludos
This is a great post, beautiful photos of beautiful paintings!
ReplyDeletekisses
http://simplesmentelilly.blogspot.com.br/
Beautiful paintings!
ReplyDeleteI prefer the first one because it makes me think... why should these women look so melancholic on a beach, with a turtle around?... Maybe I say this because I love turtles....:-)
Nice post, Rick!
xx
Oh Matisse you do it every time for me...
ReplyDeleteI like them both.
ReplyDeleteLove that period in art. LOVE the turtle. :)
ReplyDeleteEl primero de los óleos me gustó mucho, gracias por compartir!
ReplyDeleteCariños para ti!